In order to further develop the municipal responsibility for water supply and wastewater treatment, and to be able to meet future requirements, closer cooperation between the actors concerned must be initiated. The consultation and cooperation group can consist of thematic subgroups. Key issues discussed include:
• the maximum capacity of Lotsbroverket (the waterworks and wastewater treatment plant in Mariehamn)
• recycling of nutrients contained in wastewater
• drinking water abstraction sites and water supply
• stormwater and meltwater management
• individual wastewater treatment plants.